Grundfos DMH Pumps must be disposed of according to local regulations by using a public or private waste collection service. If this is not possible, contact the nearest Grundfos company or service workshop.
To identify the specific product materials, please check the Type key available in the product nameplate as described in the product´s Installation and operating instructions.
Safety related to materials used
- The materials used in DMH pumps do not pose any health risk to the person handling them. Please observe the corresponding indications in the Installation and operating instructions for taking the product out of operation.
- The pump housing is filled with non-toxic hydraulic oil.
Safety related to handling the product
- The required safety measures for handling the chemical being dosed with this pump should be taken. The parts in contact with the fluid should be rinsed and cleaned before disposal in an environmentally sound way.
- The product should be taken out of operation according to the recommendations described in the Installation and operating instructions. The necessary precautions when draining the hydraulic oil from the pump should be followed.
- Care should be taken when handling the pump due to its weight.
Disassembly of the Product
Depending on the pump model, the materials of the product components are:
- Stainless Steel of different grades
- Thermoplastics of different compositions
- Elastomers of different compositions
- Hydraulic oil
- Electronic scrap
The pump can be disassembled with standard tools.
|Designation||Name||Material||Special Disassembly Consideration|
|1p||Motor||Siemens asynchronous motor||Use a long Allen key to remove the motor retaining screws|
|2p||Worm gearing||Brass, steel|
|3p||Eccentric||Steel||Apply a slide hammer to remove the complete gear shaft|
|4p||Recuperating spring||Steel||Not available for models 251, 252 and 257|
|7p||Crank||Only model 257|
|M||Combined overpressure and degassing valve||Aluminium housing, FKM elastomer, steel spring|
|E||Degassing valve||Only models 251, 252, 253|
|9P||Diaphragm protection system||Steel|
|2||Dosing head||PVC or PP or PVDF or SS 1.4571 or Hastelloy® C|
|3a||Suction valve housing||PVC or PP or PVDF or SS 1.4571 or Hastelloy® C|
|3b||Discharge valve housing||PVC or PP or PVDF or SS 1.4571 or Hastelloy® C|
|Valve ball cage||PVC or PP or PVDF or SS 1.4571 or Hastelloy® C|
|Valve ball||Glass or Ceramic or SS 1.4401 or Hastelloy® C|
|Valve gaskets||EPDM or FKM or PTFE|
|L||Stroke-length adjustment knob||ABS, Steel|
|F||Oil-filling screw with dipstick||ABS, Steel|
|V||Dosing head deaeration screw||PVC or PVDF or SS 1.4571 or Hastelloy® C|
|Pump enclosure||Aluminium or cast iron|
|AR control unit||Upper part of enclosure: PPO blend|
Lower part of enclosure: aluminum
|Only for pumps with control variant AR|