Intelligent dosing pumps with new drive and adjustment mechanisms represent the ideal solution for increasingly complex dosing. They make life easier for users by keeping processes running precisely, reliably and cost-effectively.
SMART Digital dosing pumps meet these challenges by offering state-of-the-art drive technology, a whole new dimension in user-friendly operation and an intelligent FlowControl system. These properties ensure extremely precise, reliable and cost-effective processes combined with the best possible price-performance ratio.
Three different pump ranges are offered, all featuring powerful, variable-speed stepper motors; a universal power supply; and a full PTFE diaphragm that meets the most demanding requirements for chemical resistance and durability.
The DDA model is the pump for complex and demanding applications where the focus is on maximum process reliability. In addition to an extended capacity range and a turn-down ratio of up to 1:3000, it boasts FlowControl, pressure monitoring, AutoFlowAdapt and integrated flow measurement. The package for industrial applications is rounded off by additional operating modes such as a week dosing timer and new functions such as auto deaeration.
The DDC impresses with features such as simple, intuitive click-wheel operation and a graphic LC display in more than 25 languages. What's more, all standard modes of operation and inputs/outputs such as analog control or output relay can be integrated into control systems. This pump is suitable for universal use thanks to highlights including the SlowMode (anti-cavitation) function for highly viscous media and the straightforward calibration mode.
The DDE is the cost-effective entry-level model with all the benefits of Digital Dosing such as a maximum turn-down ratio of 1:1000 and smooth, continuous dosing. This one model can replace a whole host of existing models with dosing rates ranging from 0.006 to 6 l/h. The rate is set using a logarithmic scale that runs from 0.1-100 %. The model's straightforward pulse control, external stop function and empty level signal are ideal for basic OEM applications.
Features and Benefits
Simplicity – simple handling and perfect overview and control even from the distance
- The system is extremely easy to use thanks to the new click wheel and straightforward, intuitive navigation via a graphic LC display in more than 25 languages. The required flow can be set directly on the display in ml/h, l/h or gph.
- The large LC display indicates the pump status by changing the back light color, allowing fast and easy control of the pump´s performance.
Modularity – flexible and suitable for any environment or situation
- The new pump family has a turn-down ratio of up to 1:3000 / 1:1000 significantly reducing the number of different models required.
- The models have a universal mounting plate for all popular mounting methods. The click function makes it quick and easy to remove the pump from the mounting plate if necessary.
- Maximum flexibility is ensured by a control cube that can be rotated, a wide range of adjustments and supply voltages (100-240V, 50/60 Hz), and a hydraulic connection kit.
- The optional E-box enables SMART Digital pumps to be integrated – and even retrofitted – in systems such as complex Profibus networks.
Flow Intelligence – highest process reliability
- The FlowControl system prevents unwanted stoppages, even with variable process parameters such as fluctuations in system pressure.
- The technology used in SMART Digital pumps provides an accurate diagnosis of the most common causes of faults that occur during dosing with diaphragm pumps. These faults are displayed in plain text in the alarm menu.
- What's more, the AutoFlowAdapt function ensures that the dosing process continues with the required flow, even when subject to external influences. When dosing outgassing media, for example, motor control is automatically adjusted as soon as air bubbles are detected so that they can escape out of the dosing head. Fluctuating system backpressures no longer impact on the required flow either – deviations are automatically corrected by the stepper motor's speed regulation mechanism.
- The integrated flow measurement function makes costly additional measuring equipment unnecessary. The current flow measurement is shown directly on the display and can also be integrated in the control room via the analog output or bus protocol if necessary.
- pH regulation
- Dosing of chemicals and biocides
- Precipitation and flocculation
- Reverse osmosis
- Drinking water treatment
- Waste water treatment
- Pulp and paper industry
- Textile industry
- Cleaning water treatment
- Food & Beverage industry, dairies
- Cooling tower water treatment
- Low-pressure boiler feed water treatment
To achieve optimum performance and operating condition it is very important that the Product/System is set up and adjusted correctly from the start. The knowledge from the Grundfos Service technician and the use of Grundfos specific service tools to adjust the performance of the pump guarantee that the customer can be sure that that the highest efficiency and proper operation is achieved. Commissioning of the pump is recommended for the following applications:
- If the pumps are controlled by a frequency converter .
- If the pump system is operating in large systems e.g. Building Management Systems.
- If the user wants to be trained in proper operation of the pump.
- If the pump must not be a missing link in an important production/application facility.
- Where the setup is crucial for proper life of the Grundfos product, e.g. water treatment applications, commissioning is not only recommended but it is required.
- Where safety is an issue e.g. disinfection system.
The commissioning is performed in a step by step procedure and the outcome will be a report of the settings of the pump.
Do not hesitate to contact your local Grundfos company to arrange commissioning of you new installed Grundfos product.
Recommended Spare Parts
Even though the Grundfos strategy is to supply the best pump solutions for our customers, long operation will result in wear and tear of some of the components in the construction in specific situations. If a short operating downtime is a demand or if the pump is installed in inaccessible areas where delivery of service parts may take a long time, it is recommended to have a small stock of recommended service parts.
Do not hesitate to contact your local Grundfos company to obtain information about recommended spare parts or service kits for your Grundfos product.
A Grundfos Service Agreement ensures efficient and uninterrupted operation of your pump system and gives you access to Grundfos Service Centres and authorised Service Partners worldwide, 24 hours a day.
Prevention is better and more cost effective than cure
Once you have purchased your pump, you want it functioning efficiently and reliably, and a formal Service Agreement with Grundfos gives you peace of mind. It also makes sound economic sense, giving you a firm overview of your maintenance budget and access to substantial discounts.
You simply combine a range of service to suit your needs – and let us carry out scheduled maintenance visits to prevent downtime. We offer three types of Service Agreements available for all pumps:
Whichever you choose, you will be serviced by specially trained staff at all times.
The cost effective choice
Well-maintained pumps can reduce your energy consumption by up to 50 % and in a series of pumps working together one faulty pump can affect all the others. A Grundfos Service Agreement keeps your total cost of owning a pump at a minimum, because our careful consideration of the Life- Cycle Cost of all our products means that we have control over the real costs of ownership of our pumps.
Signing up for a Service Agreement and letting our highly skilled service technicians service your pumps is your safeguard against unforeseen expenditure. Regular servicing and maintenance of your pumps ensure that they are working with optimum efficiency.Grundfos Service will maintain and repair your pumps and our service professionals can advise you on efficiency issues, offering suggestions for saving money in the long term.
Repair and maintenance of your existing pumps system
Of course, you can always call Grundfos for repair and maintenance of pumps you have purchased from us. Grundfos can repair your pumps to the same specifications as new pumps, but it is important to remember that an upgrade or even a replacement pump can be cheaper than repair in the long term. See Upgrades and Replacement for how this makes good business sense.
Effective service – wherever you are
Grundfos Service is always close by. Together with our local authorised service partners, we offer worldwide service, and help from qualified pump professionals is never far away, whether you need immediate assistance or you are interested in hearing about your savings possibilities.
Grundfos Remote Management
Grundfos Remote Management is a cost-effective, secure and reliable way to monitor and manage pump installations from an Internet PC at a very low price.
Connecting pumps and peopleWith a secure and reliable remote management system, you can monitor and manage your pump systems from an Internet PC at a very low price.
Grundfos Remote Management is a cost-effective and straightforward way to monitor and manage pump installations in commercial buildings and in water supply and wastewater infrastructure. It reduces the need for onsite inspections, and in the event of an alarm or warning, the relevant people are notified directly.
Compared with mobile phone-based monitoring, the system offers a wider range of benefits and functionalities. For those who do not require remote process automation, Grundfos Remote Management is the ideal solution for monitoring and remote control as opposed to traditional SCADA (Supervisory Control and Data Acquisition) systems. Initial investment is minimal, and a fixed low fee covers data traffic, hosting costs and system support, including back-up of all data.
Efficient alarm management
Via its on-call schedule, this new telemetry system ensures that alarms from onsite controllers go directly to the relevant people. From a PC anywhere, the system manager can log on and plan who is to receive alarm messages from each installation at any given time of the day. Managers can plan years ahead and easily handle daily exceptions to the schedule.
Optimize service and maintenance
Changes in pump performance can be tracked using trend graphs automatically generated by the system. This can give an indication of wear or damage in the installation, and service and maintenance can be planned accordingly.
The communication interface (the CIU27 modem) enables data transmission via GPRS/SMS from your Grundfos pumps and controllers. The built-in multi-purpose I/O board allows you to connect sensors and switches.
The purpose of CAPS is to offer a complete tool that contains an extensive catalogue of Grundfos products and a sizing programme to select the most suitable pump for your application.
On top of that there is a comprehensive pump replacement function for central heating circulating, hot water pumps and the wastewater S pumps and the possibility of producing professional quotations including curves, drawings, quotation texts, wiring diagrams etc.
It is possible to export all this in the most popular file formats including gif, bmp, txt, dxf, etc.
Last but not least the programme contains the instruction and operating manuals for nearly all pumps of Grundfos in multiple languages. Service drawings, exploded views and parts lists are available for all sewage products as well as several other pump types.
CAPS is available in two versions: WinCAPS is available on a CD-ROM and the online version called WebCAPS is available at the Grundfos website. Additional features in WebCAPS include CAD Drawings and Literature.
BE Responsible is one of our key drivers in Grundfos. It is therefore essential to us, that our pumps are developed with a low energy consumption and the highest possible performance throughout their life. Therefore, Grundfos Service Offerings including spare parts and replacement kits are defined already in the development phase.
Customized service offerings, online ordering and rapid response distribution centres ensure you to have the parts when you need them.
Recommended Spare Parts List
The list specifies the parts you should have on site to service your pumps. These recommendations can be found at the product site in our WEB Caps tool.
Specially Designed Service Kits
Service Kits include everything you need for a specific maintenance or repair task, including instructions for dismantling, replacement and reassembly.
24-hour Spare Part Delivery Service
To be extra sure you do not have to wait, we can set aside a stock of your operation critical spare parts. This will make them available for you, whenever you need them.
Spare parts for the Grundfos pump you buy today will still be available for 10 years - this is our guarantee to you.
Select country to contact your local sales company
Select country to contact your local sales company